Thursday, June 23, 2005

Here's Your Sign!


A lot of you are probably familiar with the Bill Engvall (often attributed to Jeff Foxworthy) comedy routine about stupid people. His premise in that bit is that stupid people should have a sign that WARNS the rest of us that they are stupid. So, later on in the sketch, he just starts announcing to stupid people, "Here's your sign."

Well, it was reported that yesterday, apparently the Snapple people thought it would be a good idea to make the world's largest popsicle and erect it in a busy New York intersection ... on an 80-degree Summer day.

Imagine their horrified astonishment when the 25-foot-tall, 17 and one-half ton frozen treat quickly started melting into a sugary lava flow that looked more like a slushy than a popsicle. Police had to close off several streets and re-route busy traffic as the sticky goo was washed away by the FDNY.

Apparently the Big Sicle was no match for the Big Apple.

Who'da figured 80-degree heat would do something like that?

Here's your sign ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi-

I just finished reading a reply by Snapple to my question "why is Snapple in glass bottles?" I have trouble getting them back to recyclers intact because of my location[live in the boonies]. I was impressed with their reply, and thought "what smart people they are, they actually answered the question I asked". If you have ever asked questions of marketers (I am thinking of Dell right now), the reply has LITTLE to do with the question. I guess Snapple might be a "corporate idiot savant".

Dave said...

Kind of reminds me of that old MAD magazine bit called, "Snapple answers to stupid questions."

Just kidding.

Actually, I'm sure the people at Snapple are great folks. But you gotta admit, that hot New York summer afternoon was not one of their best days.

Anonymous said...

It agree, your idea simply excellent